STORIES FROM A CITY
ISSUE #4 HAMBURG
The fourth issue of Out Here took us to Germany’s second largest city, Hamburg. Unlike Germany’s more infamous capital city, Berlin, Hamburg has less of a reputation for the creative, subversive, and eccentric but once we had a chance to really explore the city, we soon discovered it has just as much to offer. From an urban beekeeper to the smallest, most well organised junk shop we’ve ever encountered, we found Hamburg was brimming with interesting individuals and businesses who set themselves apart from the crowd.
STORIES FROM ISSUE #4 / HAMBURG
Michael Bauer is an IT consultant turned beekeeper. He and his wife produce all the honey themselves. They use around 60 beehives, 25000 bees per hive, and many of Hamburgs rooftops to produce it.
Angela and her husband run the smallest department store in Hamburg. This department store, as it is translated into English, houses the widest selection of random items from a Poodle bottle cover to a super 8 film projector.
Olympic Studio is a muscle gym of the finest tradition. The walls are so covered by photos of body building competitors past and present you can barely see the faux wood panels behind.
[Sneek er hed]
1. A person who collects limited, rare, OG, or flat out exclusive kicks. Usually the collection consists of Jordans or Dunks.
2. A person with background knowledge of certain sneakers.
Here are just a few of the places in Hamburg that left an impression on us. Including the first cabaret club in Hamburg, a couple of excellent streetwear shops, and a whole area that kind of defines the city.
- It's the weekend...be creative! #HoxtonMiniPress #LDN #London #OutHere #ThisIsOutHere @ London Fields http://t.co/xyd7uWU53H
- #Billingsgate and #Hackney #Marshes in the #London Editon of #OutHere. Online now... #LDN #GenLove @… http://t.co/sgFyEloeIM
- Checked out the #London edition of #OutHere yet?? #ThisIsOutHere #LDN #Generator #GenLove @ Tower Bridge http://t.co/5nOlxgcOvI
- There was a combination of smells at #Billingsgate #Market 🐟🐠🐙 #London #LDN #OutHere http://t.co/6tpVZOGi1M